Research at USC
- George A. Olah's Nobel Prize recognizes his work in carbocation chemistry.
- More than 200 faculty members have received academic and professional awards from organizations such as the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, National Endowment for the Humanities, John Simon Guggenheim Foundation and Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences.
- The Viterbi School of Engineering ranks among the top 10 nationally. Its faculty are consistently among the top three engineering schools in peer-reviewed research funding per professor.
- The Preventive Medicine department of the Keck School of Medicine is ranked first in the nation for extramural funding. In his lifetime, Ronald Ross as deputy director of the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Chair of the Department of Preventative Medicine earned over $200 million in national peer-reviewed funding.
- The Keck School of Medicine has received $56.9 million from the Edythe and Eli Broad Foundation for stem cell research. The Center for Integrative Research and Medicine at USC is one of 12 in CA.
- The School of Pharmacy is the top private pharmacy school in the nation in NIH funding.
Guide to Research at USC
About Research at USC
Search for a USC Research Project
Statistics on USC Sponsored Research (Major Funding Sources, Awards Received by Schools during Fiscal Year, Active Faculty Awards)
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Zumberge Research Innovation Fund