Basic Steps to Registration
2. Before attempting to register for classes, please confirm that your address is correct and make any necessary changes. You can access your address record through OASIS (www.usc.edu/oasis) by selecting “Change of Address.”
3. Meet with your academic advisor to plan your schedule, if necessary.
4. Contact your department and arrange for “D” clearance and/or prerequisite waivers.
5. Clear any restrictions indicated on your registration permit, including any mandatory advisement requirement. You will not be allowed to use Web Registration until advisement requirements are cleared.
6. Log in to Web Registration (www.usc.edu/webregistration) to enroll in classes or make changes to your schedule.
7. Purchase USCard credits, parking permit and any other services to be charged to your student account.
8. Obtain waiver of health insurance, if necessary.
9. If financial aid needed to settle your bill is pending, obtain deferment from the Financial Aid Office.
10. Obtain Federal Perkins Loan, HPSL, UDSL and Institutional Loans by returning promissory note(s) to Student Financial Services.
11. Apply for Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans on your statement of Financial Aid Eligibility.
12. Obtain USC Subsidized Loan and GATE Unsubsidized Loan disbursements by returning your promissory note(s) to American Educational Services.
13. Ensure parents complete necessary steps for Federal Parent PLUS loans.
14. Apply for USC Payment Plan or Tuition Reimbursement Deferment at Student Financial Services.
15. Settle your bill with the Cashier’s Office. All students must register and settle their bills entirely by the settlement deadline to avoid late fees.
Note: Using the Web Registration auto scheduler feature but failing to register for any courses before the tuition and fees payment deadline is not a valid reason to request a waiver of the late registration fee.