Basic Steps to Registration
2. Before attempting to register for classes, please confirm that your address is correct and make any necessary changes. You can access your address record through OASIS (www.usc.edu/oasis) by selecting “Change of Address.”
3. Meet with your academic advisor to plan your schedule, if necessary.
4. Contact your department and arrange for “D” clearance and/or prerequisite waivers.
5. Clear any restrictions indicated on your registration permit, including any mandatory advisement requirement. You will not be allowed to register until advisement requirements are cleared.
7. Purchase USCard credits, parking permit and any other services to be charged to your student account.
8. Obtain waiver of health insurance, if necessary.
9. If financial aid needed to settle your bill is pending, obtain deferment from the Financial Aid Office.
10. To electronically sign your Master Promissory Note for Federal Perkins Loans, HPSL, UDSL and/or Institutional Loans, visit the Student Financial Services Website at www.usc.edu/sfs.
11. Apply for Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans on your statement of Financial Aid Eligibility.
12. Graduate students: complete necessary steps for Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.
13. Undergraduates: ensure parents complete necessary steps for Federal Direct Parent PLUS loans.
14. Apply for USC Payment Plan or Tuition Reimbursement Deferment at Student Financial Services.
15. Settle your bill with the Cashier’s Office. All students must register and settle their bills entirely by the settlement deadline to avoid late fees.
Note: Planning your schedule but failing to register for any courses before the tuition and fees payment deadline is not a valid reason to request a waiver of the late registration fee.