Basic Steps to Registration
2. Before attempting to register for classes, please confirm that your address is correct and make any necessary changes. You can access your address record through OASIS (Log in to my.usc.edu and click on the OASIS button. Once in OASIS, select the "Other Services" link and click on "Address Update.")
3. Meet with your academic adviser to plan your schedule, if necessary.
4. Contact your department and arrange for “D” clearance and/or prerequisite waivers.
5. Clear any restrictions indicated on your registration permit, including any mandatory advisement requirement. You will not be allowed to register until advisement requirements are cleared.
6. Log in to myUSC and click on Web Registration to enroll in classes or make changes to your schedule.
7. Purchase USCard credits, parking permit and any other services to be charged to your student account.
8. Obtain waiver of health insurance, if necessary.
9. Obtain deferment from the Financial Aid Office for any pending financial aid funds required to settle your student account.
10. To e-sign your Promissory Note for Federal Perkins Loans, HPSL and/or Institutional Loans, visit the Student Financial Services Website at usc.edu/sfs.
11. If your financial aid eligibility includes Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, you must complete the application steps detailed at usc.edu/financialaid/loans/stafford.html.
12. Graduate students: To apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete the steps listed at usc.edu/financialaid/loans/graduateplus.html.
13. Undergraduates: If your parents would like to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, have them complete the steps listed at usc.edu/financialaid/loans/undergradplus.html.
14. Apply for USC Payment Plan or Tuition Reimbursement Deferment at Student Financial Services.
15. Settle your bill with the Cashier’s Office. All students must register and settle their bills entirely by the settlement deadline to avoid late fees.