- ALL STUDENTS: Begin the financial aid application process by completing the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students, regardless of age, who wish to be considered for Keck Need-Based Aid must complete all student, parent, and spouse information sections.
- ENTERING AND CONTINUING STUDENTS: To be considered for all forms of financial aid, including Keck Need-Based Aid, you must complete the following:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete the FAFSA Application online.
- Use your best estimate of 2011 student income.
- USC’s Federal School Code is 001328.
- Apply as early as January 1, 2011, but before the deadline of April 20, 2012.
- Supplemental Form
Complete the Supplemental Form online by logging into My Financial Aid and Documents. You will find the Supplemental Form in the "Document Library".
- If you wish to be considered for Keck Need-Based Aid Loans for Disadvantaged Students and/or Primary Care Loans
- Federal Income Tax Returns
Submit signed copies of both students (and spouse, if applicable) and parent 2011 federal income tax returns, including all schedules and W-2 forms.
- Students and parents not legally required a file a 2011 federal income tax return must submit a 2012-2013 Student and/or Parent Non-Filing Statement Form.
- If you wish to be considered for Federal Direct Stafford and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan only, tax returns are not required.
- Reply Promptly
Respond to any requests for additional information within 10 days.
- ALL STUDENTS: Apply for your
- ALL STUDENTS: First time borrowers must complete your Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and/or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan online at www.studentloans.gov.
- ALL STUDENTS: First time Stafford loan borrowers must complete online entrance loan counseling at www.studentloans.gov.