All Title IV HEA Federal Student Loans will be reported to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by guarantee agencies, lenders and schools determined to be authorized users.
To review your financial aid history and to better understand your federal student loan indebtedness, log in to www.nslds.ed.gov You will need your name, date of birth, Social Security number and FAFSA PIN to access your confidential record.
If you have borrowed from one or more of the non-federal private financing programs, more information about those loans can be obtained from your lender or on your credit report at: www.annualcreditreport.com
A federal loan can be cancelled under certain--extreme--circumstances:
- Permanent and total disability;
- Inability to complete a course of study because your school closes (if certain conditions prevail);
- Your eligibility was falsely certified by your school;
- Your identity was stolen and used to obtain the student loan illegally; or
- In the event of your death.
Contact your lender or servicer for more information about the documentation required to cancel your loan.