All Title IV HEA Federal Student Loans will be reported to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by guarantee agencies, lenders and schools determined to be authorized users.
To review your financial aid history and to better understand your federal student loan indebtedness, log in to www.nslds.ed.gov You will need your name, date of birth, Social Security number and FAFSA PIN to access your confidential record.
If you have borrowed from one or more of the non-federal private financing programs, more information about those loans can be obtained from your lender or on your credit report at: www.annualcreditreport.com
All borrowers should be aware of the following:
- Borrow only what you need. You are not required to borrow the full amount awarded to you, as indicated on your Financial Aid Summary. Notify us in writing if you wish to borrow less than the amount awarded.
- Investigate other sources of financial aid that do not need to be repaid, such as scholarships and Federal Work-Study.
- To reduce your total debt, try to make at least some interest payments on any Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans while you are at USC or covered by a grace period.
- Tell your loan servicer if you change your name or address, withdraw from USC or graduate.
- Establish good credit by wisely managing your loan repayments. Make all payments on time (consider setting up automatic payments from your checking account) and keep copies of all documents and correspondence.