University Park Campus
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and many of the university’s professional schools are located on the main campus at University Park in Los Angeles. Three miles from Downtown, the campus is located in a multiethnic residential neighborhood. University Park is an urban oasis of courtyards and parks surrounding Romanesque and contemporary-style campus buildings.
Across the street from the campus are the attractions of Exposition Park—the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, the California African American Museum, the California Science Center, an IMAX theatre, the Rose Garden—and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, home of the USC Trojans football team.
Many top Los Angeles destinations are within easy driving distance, including Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), the Japanese American National Museum, STAPLES Center (where the Los Angeles Lakers play) and Dodger Stadium. Also nearby are legendary nightclubs and restaurants serving food from around the world.
Health Sciences Campus
Seven miles northeast of the University Park campus, the Health Sciences campus is located in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, adjacent to Henry Thomas Hazard Park, a haven of old-growth pine and oak trees. The 50-acre campus is home to:
- Keck School of Medicine of USC;
- USC School of Pharmacy;
- Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy; and
- Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy
On or near the Health Sciences campus are teaching hospitals staffed by faculty of the Keck School of Medicine of USC:
- USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center Hospital, a major regional and national resource for cancer research, treatment, prevention and education;
- USC University Hospital, a private, ultramodern 293-bed referral, teaching and research hospital;
- Doheny Eye Institute, a world leader in basic and clinical vision research and advanced patient care, recently ranked seventh in the nation by U.S News & World Report; and
- LAC+USC Medical Center, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the U.S., serving 50,000 inpatients and 750,000 outpatients annually.
Other USC Campuses and Health Services Affiliations
Other USC locations in Southern California include a Health Sciences campus in Alhambra, the Information Sciences Institute in Marina del Rey, the Orange County Center in Irvine and the USC Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies on Catalina Island.
The USC State Capital Center in Sacramento, California, offers nationally accredited master's degree programs in public and health administration, as well as professional leadership and policy programs.
In addition, USC is affiliated with Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, a 314-bed nonprofit hospital ranked among the top five pediatric facilities in the nation, and Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, in Downey, California, ranked among the top 10 in rehabilitative hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report.