USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
The USC Sol Price School of Public Policy educates and trains leaders who create multidisciplinary approaches to the challenging and complex issues of governing, managing and building contemporary urban communities. The school encourages innovation, experimentation and collaboration, while fostering a multidisciplinary and problem-solving ethic.
At the master's degree level, the school's programs in Public Policy, Public Administration, Planning, Real Estate Development and Health Administration combine theory and practice, focusing broadly on the issues, constituencies, institutions and physical structures that constitute the public realm. The doctoral programs enable a select group of students to work closely with faculty on vital areas of scholarly inquiry.
Most of the school's research is conducted through its prominent centers and institutes, including the Institute for Civic Enterprise; the Center for Health Financing, Policy and Management; and the Tomás Rivera Policy Institute——the nation's premier Latino think tank. Los Angeles and the greater Southern California region are utilized as a living laboratory in which the lessons of the classroom can be put into practice. Click here for links to all 10 SPPD research centers.
The Sol Price School of Public Policy offers some graduate and certificate programs online. To begin exploring USC's online offerings, please visit USC Online for more information.
Graduate degree programs
- Planning (MPL)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Health Administration (MHA)
- Executive Master of Health Administration (E.M.H.A.) (online)
- Executive Master of Leadership (EML)
- Real Estate Development (M.R.E.D.)
- International Public Policy and Management (I.P.P.A.M.)
- Public Policy and Management (PhD)
- Urban Planning and Development (PhD)
- Policy, Planning, and Development (D.P.P.D.)
Dual degrees offered jointly by SPPD and other USC schools and departments
- Master of Planning/Master of Architecture With USC School of Architecture.
- Master of Planning/Master of Landscape Architecture With USC School of Architecture.
- Master of Planning/Master of Public Art Studies With USC Roski School of Fine Arts.
- Master of Planning/M.B.A. With USC Marshall School of Business.
- Master of Planning/M.A., Economics
- Master of Planning/M.S., Gerontology
- Master of Planning/Master of Social Work With USC School of Social Work.
- Master of Construction Management With Department of Civil Engineering, USC School of Engineering.
- Master of Health Administration/M.S., Gerontology With USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology.
- Master of Public Administration, M.S., Gerontology
- Master of Public Administration, M.A. Jewish Communal Services With Hebrew Union College.
- Master of Public Administration/J.D. With USC Gould Law School.
- Master of Public Administration/Master of Social Work With USC School of Social Work.
- Master of Public Policy/J.D.
- Master of Real Estate Development/M.B.A With USC Marshall School of Business.
- Master of Real Estate Development/J.D. With USC Gould Law School.
- Master of Long Term Care Administration Distance learning; joint project with USC Marshall School of Business and USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology.