Admission interviews are an optional part of the undergraduate application process. You may interview on campus or off campus in many cities across the country. These half-hour one-on-one sessions will give you the chance to discuss your academic goals with an admission officer.
On average, less than 20 percent of prospective students choose to interview with us. History has shown no appreciable difference in the admission rates of students who are not interviewed.
Interviews for fall 2016 applicants were held from August through December and have now concluded for this cycle.
Information about interviews for fall 2017 applicants will be available in the summer.
Interviews can be conducted with:
- Office of Undergraduate Admission (for all majors)
- Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Marshall School of Business
- Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Viterbi School of Engineering
All admission interviews are evaluated in the same way and you may schedule only ONE interview with the Office of Undergradute Admission or the USC school your major is offered in.
Interviews are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and we do not maintain waitlists.
On-campus interviews for first-year (freshman) fall 2017 applicants
- Sign-ups available here beginning July 1, 2016.
- Interviews begin August 1, 2016.
Off-campus interviews for first-year (freshman) fall 2017 applicants
- Sign-ups available here beginning early September 2016.
- Off-campus interviews will take place this fall in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, New York City, Portland, Philadelphia, SF Bay Area, Seattle, St. Louis and Washington DC.
Overseas third-party interviews for first-year (freshman) applicants
- Click here for more information about overseas interviews.