Admission interviews are an optional part of the undergraduate application process. You may interview on campus or off campus in many cities across the country. These half-hour one-on-one sessions will give you the chance to discuss your academic goals with an admission officer.
On average, less than 20 percent of prospective students choose to interview with us. History has shown no appreciable difference in the admission rates of students who are not interviewed.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you’re interested in scheduling an interview:
Interviews can be conducted with:
- Office of Undergraduate Admission (for all majors)
- Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Marshall School of Business
- Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Viterbi School of Engineering
All admission interviews are evaluated in the same way and you may schedule only ONE interview with the Office of Undergradute Admission or the USC school your major is offered in.
Interviews are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and we do not maintain waitlists.
On-campus interviews for first-year (freshman) fall 2016 applicants
- Sign-ups available here beginning mid-July 2015.
- Interviews begin August 10, 2015.
Off-campus interviews for first-year (freshman) fall 2016 applicants
- Sign-ups available here beginning early September 2015.
Overseas third-party interviews for first-year (freshman) applicants
- Click here for more information about overseas interviews.