Admission interviews are an optional part of the undergraduate application process. You may interview on campus or off campus in nearly 20 cities across the country. These half-hour one-on-one sessions will give you the chance to discuss your academic goals with an admission officer.
On average, only 20 percent of prospective students choose to interview with us. History has shown no appreciable difference in the admission rates of students who are not interviewed.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you’re interested in scheduling an interview:
On-campus interviews can be conducted with:
- Office of Undergraduate Admission (for all majors)
- Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- School of Dramatic Arts
- Viterbi School of Engineering
- Marshall School of Business
- Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
All admission interviews are evaluated in the same way and you may schedule only ONE interview.
USC's admission interviews are very popular and fill up quickly. Space is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Scheduling an Interview
Your USC ID number is not required, but helpful. If you do not have this number, please call us at (213) 740-1111 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.
On-Campus Interviews for first-year fall 2015 applicants
- Begin on August 4, 2014 and conclude on December 12.
- Sign-ups available here beginning July 28, 2014.
Off-Campus Interviews for first-year fall 2015 applicants
- Sign-ups available by September 2014.