Transfer Application Checklist
Refer to the academic department website or to the Common Application for more information and detailed instructions.
- The Common Application and the USC Writing Supplement are separate submissions. Make sure you click on Submit for both parts. Your Common Application Dashboard should show two green checkmarks for USC.
- High School/Secondary School Transcripts are required and must show a graduation date. Students who attended secondary school/high school in a non-U.S. system may substitute the appropriate leaving certificate or comprehensive diploma result, provided it shows the completion date.
- College/University Transcripts must be sent from ALL colleges you have attended. We need to review your fall term grades, so be sure your current school has posted them before transcripts are sent.
- Common Application “Recommenders and FERPA” Section for USC
- Registrar: We do not require the College Report, either electronically or on paper, though other universities may require it. However, if the form helps your school provide transcripts to USC, feel free to use it.
- Academic Evaluator: Some academic departments at USC require academic recommendations, but in general we consider these optional. We will gladly consider any you wish to submit. The Common App will require you to enter a name before submitting it.
- Additional Forms: It is not necessary to submit any of the additional forms listed at the bottom of this section (the PDF versions of the Final Report, the Mid-term Report, or the College Report).