We’re delighted you’ve decided to transfer to USC. Our Transferring to USC brochure will guide you through the process of joining one of the most vibrant and accomplished student bodies in the U.S.
Transfer Planning Brochure
If you will be a junior (having earned 64 or more semester units): You must declare a major. Some majors have a significant number of lower-division requirements that may be completed prior to applying.
We consider trends in your grades and college attendance patterns. Consistent degree progress and strong recent performance are important.
We encourage you to take advantage of the strength of USC's General Education Program. In fact, you do not have to complete all transferable General Education requirements or all prerequisites elsewhere to be admitted.
In planning your transfer to USC, keep in mind the following:
- You must complete two semesters of English composition before enrolling at USC.
- At minimum, you should have completed Algebra II in high school or intermediate algebra in college, with a grade of C or better.
- Concentrate on USC-transferable courses that build on your high school record, satisfy General Education and other requirements, and include preparation for your major.
- There is no minimum number of transfer units you must complete before applying for admission. However, if you have completed fewer than 30 units, we will focus primarily on your high school record and scores from the SAT or ACT.
- You must submit secondary school records and proof of graduation.