USC welcomes a variety of groups to visit the campus and learn more about the university. Groups will be led on a 45-minute walking tour by a student tour guide. The tour will cover USC academics, student life, athletics, history and more.
We offer four tours per day on a first come, first served basis. Tours are available Monday - Friday.Exceptions
- Tours are not offered to elementary and middle school groups from mid-February through the end of April.
- Tours are not offered on Saturdays and Sundays. If you would like to visit campus on these days, please call 213-740-6605 to have a self-guided tour map mailed to you, or download the Self-Guided Tour.
Number of Guests: We can accommodate a maximum of 70 guests per group. If your group is over the size of 35, it must be split into two separate tours with two separate tour guides. Our group tours can be accommodated at 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis.
Parking: USC does not allow on-campus parking for buses. Groups with buses must enter through Entrance 6 (located at Vermont Avenue and 36th Place), proceed down 36th Place/Downey Way until you reach Watt Way. Make a right on Watt Way and unload your bus in front of Vivian Hall on the southwest corner of the intersection. After you have unloaded, the bus driver should travel south on Watt Way, exit campus through Entrance #1 and proceed to bus parking at Exposition park (enter at Figueroa Street and 39th Street). The parking cost is $25 per day or $10 per day if your group is also visiting the California Science Center.
Eating on Campus: Groups are welcome to eat on campus. Groups can bring their own lunches or purchase food from a USC cafeteria/restaurant.
- Groups should plan to arrive on campus 10-15 minutes prior to their first scheduled activity. Once on campus, the group should send a representative to the Admission Center to check in (click here for map) or you can call us at 213-740-6605. After we have been notified of your arrival, we will send your tour guide to meet you at Tommy Trojan (in the center of USC’s campus at Trousdale Parkway & Childs Way). If your group is affiliated with an elementary, middle or high school, please ensure that all your members have had an opportunity to eat, drink and use the facilities prior to the tour start time.
- We will request that the chaperones be responsible for maintaining order within the group. Please make sure that you have at least one chaperone for every 35 students and that your group does not exceed 70. Any additional students will not be allowed on the tour and will be given self-guided tours as an alternative.
- If your group members have any serious medical problems, special needs or special requests, please notify our office prior to your arrival. We will make every effort to accommodate you. If your needs cannot be met we will notify you immediately. Please note, if your group is more than 15 minutes late, we cannot guarantee a tour. All tours begin on the hour and many of our Tour Guides have educational obligations immediately after their scheduled tour. Please understand that because of these restrictions, we may have to offer your group a self-guided tour.
Group Tour Reservations
If you are interested in scheduling a group visit to campus, please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you:
Phone: (213) 740-6605
USC Self-Guided Tour
Plan your own walking tour with our Self-Guided Tour map.
Included is a complete list of significant buildings and landmarks, and a map that will help you stay on route throughout your tour.