in this section

USC Office of Articulation

Frequently Asked Questions

I filed an articulation petition two weeks ago.  How long will it take before I receive a decision on it, and how will I be notified?

You will receive an email at your USC email address when action is taken on your petition. You can check on the status of your petition at any time by going to the online articulation petition process on OASIS. If your petition results in a change to your Transfer Credit Report (e.g., because additional credit was granted), you will recieve an email saying your Transfer Credit Report has been updated. In that case, check your Transfer Credit Report on OASIS to see if the change you requested has been made. If you have not received an email or no change has been made to your Transfer Credit Report, you can follow up with the Articulation Office at (213) 740-4628.

My articulation petition was denied.  Do I have any recourse? If so, what options do I have and whom should I contact for further review?

You may appeal a denial by going to the online articulation petition process, selecting the course you petitioned, and then following the directions for emailing the Articulation Office and providing additional materials as an attachment, or as hard copy. You should supply additional information about your course to support your appeal.

To which address will my granted or denied articulation petition be mailed?  And how do I get it sent to another address?

Email will be sent to your USC email account. If you wish to have it sent to another address, call the Articulation Office at (213) 740-4628 or e-mail

I lost my copy of the decision made on my articulation petition. How can I get another copy for my records?

All communication to you from the Articulation Office will be saved in the online process and can be viewed by checking on the status of your petition through OASIS.

How can I find out whether a course from another college transfers to USC or whether it fulfills General Education or earns course equivalency requirements? 

For California Community Colleges, refer to the Articulation Agreements with California Community Colleges.  For UCLA, UCR, CSUN, CSULA, CSULB, and Cal Poly Pomona, refer to the Articulation Histories with Local Four Year Colleges.  For other schools, current USC students should request a pre-approval (refer to Information for USC students planning on Transferring Course Work).  Other students should call the Admissions Office at (213) 740-1111 and/or refer to Transferring to USC. (Note: all USC students planning to take transfer courses should request a pre-approval, even if the courses are in an articulation agreement. This can be done on OASIS).

How can I have my AP test scores sent to USC?

Please contact College Board at (888) CALL-4-AP or go to and have your scores sent to the University of Southern California. To avoid possible delays, please be sure that College Board includes your Social Security Number when sending your scores.

How can I find out what credit I'll receive for my Advanced Placement (AP) Exams?

Refer to USC Credit for Advanced Placement Examinations.

How can I find out what credit I'll receive for my International Baccalaureate (IB) exams?

  Refer to USC Credit for International Baccalaureate Exams