USC Office of Articulation
WHO SHOULD FILE AN ARTICULATION PETITION?
USC undergraduates who:
- are beginning their first semester* at USC and want to request a change in the evaluation of a transfer course as it appears on the Transfer Credit Report.
- USC policity required that all articulation petitions regarding courses taken before entering USC should be initiated as soon as possible after matriculation, and no later than the end of the first semester of study.
- are appealing a previous decision of an articulation petition and are submitting additional documentation to support the appeal within the petition deadline.
- have been directed to do so by an academic advisor or Degree Progress.
- see a message on their Transfer Credit Report requesting a petition or a syllabus from a transfer course.
- would like to combine transfer courses from different schools or academic departments for General Education credit.
WHO SHOULD NOT FILE AN ARTICULATION PETITION?
Be sure official transcripts have been transmitted to USC Admission (before admission) or Degree Progress (after admission). Once official transcripts have been received, they will be entered to the student's USC academic record and be evaluated in the order they were received. Evaluations generally take 10-15 business days, but can take up to 90 business days during busy periods.
- Students who took courses at most California community colleges can estimate subject credit by checking the articulation agreement for their previous college. Agreements can be found here.
|Home||Next: Earning Credit >|