USC Curriculum Coordination Office
Curriculum Management System
The Curriculum Management System (CMS) is an online interface that allows programs, minors and courses to be proposed, created, assessed, revised, approved and implemented. CMS allows the Curriculum Coordination Office (CCO) to assess and process proposals created by the academic departments and to communicate with the academic departments and University Committee on Curriculum (UCOC) subcommittee members throughout the implementation process. Faculty and staff from departments and schools may view the progress of their proposals from start to finish.
Request Access to CMS
To request CMS Access, e-mail the following information to the CCO at firstname.lastname@example.org:
USC E-mail Address
USC Phone Number and Office Address (Building and Room #)
10-digit USC ID #
What will be your role(s) on CMS? .
- Faculty Proposer – a faculty member who submits program and course proposals on the CMS
- Departmental Curriculum Coordinator (DCC) – a staff member who submits program and course proposals on the CMS
- Department Chair – Curriculum Chair for a Department
- School Dean – School Dean for Curriculum (one per School)
Log into CMS
Your UserID and password for CMS will be the same as your username and password for all major USC systems (such as MyUSC). Your username will be the prefix for your e-mail. For example, if your e-mail address is email@example.com, your username would be tommytro.
If you have trouble with your UserID and/or password, please call Information Technology Services at (213) 740-5555 to have your password reset.
Log into CMS:
Once you have logged in, you will be able to:
- select the role that you will be using to forward the proposal in the review process
- view the proposals that you are working on in your folders
- track proposals from your school that are in progress anywhere in the CMS
CCO provides user support for CMS. Please call (213) 740-1162 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please contact the CCO if you would like training on how to navigate CMS. The CCO offers individual training, and/or group training, depending on demand.
The following documentation is available to navigate CMS and USC's curriculum review process:CMS Complete User Manual (PDF)
CMS Quick Guide and Routing Chart (PDF)
CMS Procedures for UCOC Chairs and Members (PDF)