USC Curriculum Coordination Office
- The Curriculum Handbook (pdf) details decisions made by the university throughout the years regarding curricular matters: what constitutes an internship, a minor; what is acceptable in terms of contact hours; how many credit hours must a master's degree have, etc. Please make sure to reference the guide as you build your school's and/or department's curriculum.
Curriculum Management System (CMS)
- CMS Complete User Manual (pdf) offers an in-depth explanation of how to navigate the Curriculum Management System (CMS).
- CMS Quick Guide and Routing Chart (pdf) highlights key concepts of the Curriculum Management System and illustrates the system’s internal routing process from department, school to university review.
- CMS Procedures for UCOC Chairs and Members (pdf) details the review process for UCOC subcommittee chairs and members and how to use CMS to conduct the review of proposals.
- 201 PROGRAM Form (pdf) is a fillable worksheet to prepare program information to entered onto the online Curriculum Management System.
- 301 COURSE Form (pdf) is a fillable worksheet to prepare course information to entered onto the online Curriculum Management System.
- 401 MINOR Form (pdf) is a fillable worksheet to prepare minor information to be entered onto the online Curriculum Management System.
- Syllabus Template (doc) offers an outline of what the Curriculum Coordination Office (CCO) and the subcommittee members look for in every syllabus.
- Checklist: Top 10 Syllabus Errors to Avoid (pdf) is a good document to open once you think your syllabus is done and it's time to double-check your work.
- Contact Hours Reference (pdf) details required, minimum contact hours per units, per the week length of the course.
- 'Exemplar' Syllabi (pdf) are posted for your reference as well. Different formats and orders are used in the various syllabi, but they all contain the basic elements for which the CCO and UCOC reviews.