in this section

Glossary of Terms and Services


IB exams: See International Baccalaureate.

I.D. Number Correction / Change - To change or correct your student I.D., you must complete a Request for Change/Correction of Student Number/Name form. This form is also available in the Registration Building (REG) Lobby. The request must be accompanied by a photo I.D.(passport, driver's license, student I.D. card, etc.). A change of student I.D. will be processed for students who have an active academic record and are currently pursuing a degree program only. At the time of graduation or program abandonment, academic records are closed and no further changes in the record may occur. The student I.D. on the record at that time becomes the permanent student I.D. of record. The change/correction is typically completed within 2 – 3 business days.

Incomplete Grade (IN) - Grades of incomplete (IN) are given when a student cannot complete the course requirements as a result of a documented illness or an emergency occurring after the twelfth week of the semester (refer to Definition of Grades and Marks.) The instructor, the school, the department owning the course, or the student can initiate an Assignment of Final Grade for Completion of IN when the coursework has been completed. No more than one year is allowed for completion of an IN. Contact the Grade Department at (213) 740-5586 for more information.

International Baccalaureate (IB) - International Baccalaureate exams are granted either 20 units of credit for earning the IB diploma with a score of 30 or higher, or 6 units for each score of 5, 6, or 7 on the higher level exams for a maximum of four exams, whichever is higher. GE credit is available for some exams. Coordinated by the Articulation Office.