USC WEB REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Select a Term
- Navigation in the Web Registration System
- Register for Courses
- Dropping Courses
- Changing the Grade Option for a Registered Course
- Frequently Asked Questions
You may access Web Reg through myUSC using your USC e-mail username and password.
- Your USC e-mail username is the first part of your USC e-mail address; the part before the "@usc.edu".
- Your password is the same as the one you would use to access email using the USC Mail system.
You may also access Web Reg by selecting Registration at the bottom of the USC homepage. Follow the instructions listed under "If you do not have a USC e-mail account..."
You may access Web Reg by selecting Registration at the bottom of the USC homepage. The login screen is the first window the application displays when you start.
- Enter your USC ID (i.e., your ten-digit ID) in 1234567890 format.
- Enter your PIN. This is initially your date of birth in MMDDYY format. After your first login, the system will prompt you to adopt a 8-character password in alphanumeric form.
- Click the Enter button.
- If the system does not allow you to login using your USC ID and PIN, send a fax request to (213) 821-3724 asking for a PIN reset. In your request please include:
- Your USC ID number.
- A copy of your USC ID, driver's license, or passport.
- A brief statement asking for a PIN reset.
Select the term you wish to access by clicking the appropriate button.
1. Click the link for the department you wish to browse.
2. Click the Add to myCourseBin button for the section you wish to add.
3. Click the myCourseBin tab.
4. Click the Schedule link.
5. Click the ‘Add This Class’ button.
6. Select a grade option for your courses.*
7. Click the Submit button to finalize your registration.
* Please refer to the Academic Policies in the USC Catalogue for information on Pass/No Pass and Audit grade options.
Note: A student may drop a course within the first three weeks of the semester (or third week equivalent for any session that is scheduled for less than 15 weeks) without a record of the course appearing on the academic transcript. If the course is dropped in weeks 4 through 12 (or the equivalent of weeks 4-12 for any session that is scheduled for less than 15 weeks), the course will appear on the academic transcript with a mark of "W". No course may be dropped after the twelfth week of the semester (or twelfth week equivalent for any session that is schedule for less than 15 weeks). For more information, call the Registration Department at (213)740-8500 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST).
To drop a course:
- Click the myCourseBin tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Unschedule link next to the course you wish to drop.
- Click the ‘Drop This Class’ button.
- Verify that you are dropping the correct course.
- Click the Submit button to finalize your registration.
1. Find the course in myCourseBin.
2. Click the ‘Change My Grade Option’ link for the course you wish to change.
3. Click the Register [Drop/Add] tab on the navigation bar.
4. Select the grade option you wish from the drop-down menu next to the course.
5. Review the Catalogue policies regarding Pass No Pass / and Audit Grade Options.
6. Click the Submit button to finalize your registration..
How do I login to Web Registration?
Go to http:my.usc.edu and login with your USC NetID (the part of your USC email address before the @ character) and password. If you do not know your email login credentials, please contact IT Support at 213.740.5555.
The system says I have a hold on my record...
1. The system also tells you which office to contact. Please call that office and settle the issue with one of the representatives.
2. You can still use the system to build your schedule but you cannot register for classes.
3. As long as you have that hold on your record, you must process all enrollment requests in person.
I have put courses in myCourseBin. What do I do next?
1. Click the Schedule link next to the course you wish to register.
2. Click the Add This Class button.
3. Click the Submit button to finalize your registration.
I need help with Web Registration.
We are happy to help you. Please contact us at 213.740.8500 M-F from 8:30 am to 5 pm PST.
I have a Drop/Add form that has been signed and stamped by the department that gives me permission to add an "R" class that is closed. Can I use Web Reg to add the class?
No. The form must be processed in person at the Registration Building. The registration staff needs to create an additional seat in the class and ensure that the seat is given to you.
I have a Drop/Add form that has been signed and stamped to add a "D" class and the department tells me I have "D" permission on the system. Can I use Web Registration to add the class?
If the department has increased the class size capacity to accommodate you, you can use web registration to add the class. You should check with that department to verify this action was taken.
I need to take these classes together, but they conflict. What can I do?
Students must obtain permission from the instructors of the classes that conflict to enroll. You may download and print the Conflict Form. Students must submit the completed form in person at the REG building.
I made my schedule a while ago, and now when I tried to register I found out my classes are closed. What do I do?
Since the time you made your schedule some sections filled. You need look for open sections. Once you find an open section that works with your schedule:
1. Click the Add Section to myCourseBin
2. Click the myCourseBin tab on the navigation bar.
3. Click the Schedule link for the course.
4. Click the Add This Course button.
5. Click the Submit button to finalize your registration.