USC partners with Children's Creative Learning Centers (CCLC) to offer high quality, accredited child care programs that serve children from 6 weeks to 5 years. Child care centers are located at both UPC and HSC. Other helpful resources are listed below (no endorsement implied; listings are informational only):
- ChildCareAware provides referrals to local child care providers, information on state licensing requirements and information on availability of child care subsidies
- Connection for Children provides child care referrals to licensed preschools and/or home-based child care centers in West Los Angeles
- Crystal Stairs refers parents to licensed preschools and/or home-based child care centers in South Los Angeles
- Pathways refers parents to licensed preschools and/or home-based child care centers in West Hollywood and Echo Park
- Los Angeles County child care resources
- Sittercity is a commercial enterprise that has a database for babysitters, nannies and pet sitters, serving the entire L.A. area and most of Southern California (Sittercity does not screen sitters, but for a fee they will do a background check)
- Trustline is a database of nannies and babysitters that have cleared criminal background checks in California… it is a screening program of in-home caregivers in the state with access to fingerprint records at the California Department of Justice and the FBI.
USC's Center for Work and Family Life also has a webpage of comprehensive family and dependent care resources.