Hospital employee assistance program
USC offers access to confidential advice and referrals to help you work through difficulties in your personal life or on the job, all through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Even if you are not enrolled in medical benefits through the university, you and your family are eligible for free EAP benefits if you are an employee represented by CNA or NUHW. EAP network providers take care of all the paperwork for youthere are no claim forms.
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Divorce, separation or other marriage or relationship issues
- Grief over the death of a loved one
- Parenting issues
- Stress management
- Work/life balance
Through counseling or referral, EAP can help you and your family with problems such as:
The EAP features a network of counselors, as well as extensive online support. Services are available by phone or online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In-person appointments are available as well.
- Phone: (800) 442-2353
- Call for confidential counseling or support servicesfor immediate help during a crisis, a simple question, a compassionate ear, or referrals to helpful resources.
- Online: cignabehavioral.com
- Access EAP benefit information and other educational information or find a network care provider.
- In person
- If you need to meet with a counselor in person, you may get a referral online or by calling. At no cost to you, EAP can provide 3 face-to-face in-network assessment sessions per issue. If additional treatment would be beneficial, your EAP counselor will refer you to your medical plan or the appropriate community resource. Treatment costs for continued care outside the EAP may be covered under your medical plan.