Experiment No. 4
The fourth number of Experiment (fall, 1998) brings together seven papers on the theme of the Apocalypse that were delivered at the conference, "Signs of the Times: Culture and the Emblems of Apocalypse", held at the Château de la Bretesche, Missillac, France, in 1994 (see Newsletters Nos. 27 and 28). Edited and introduced by John E. Bowlt and Eric Eric Schockman, Experiment No. 4 contains the following essays:
- Vyacheslav Ivanov: "Symbolism of the Apocalypse"
- Adalgisa Lugli: "Apocalypse for Sale: Albrecht Dürer and His Commercial Itinerary"
- Lynn Matteson: "Some Last Things in British Painting, 1800-1850"
- Nicoletta Misler: "Apocalypse and the Russian Peasantry. The Great War in Natalia Goncharova's Primitivist Paintings"
- Milka Bliznakov: "The Apocalypse of Design. Architectural Expression during the Cold War"
- Zador Tordài: "Apocalypse sans jugement. Jugement sans apocalypse"
- Eric Schockman: "Political Apocalypse: Los Angeles and California as a Geopolitical Eschatological Phenomenon"