The house designed in 1909 for Earle C. Anthony, a Packard
automobile dealer and radio station owner, had many of the
characteristics of previous Greene & Greene commissions
but without expensive materials and elaborate details. The
house plan is L-shaped and designed for an urban lot like
the Thorsen house in Berkeley, but with spaces to better suit
a Southern California lifestyle. The exterior has split-shake
cladded open porches and a terrace like the Blacker, Gamble,
and Pratt Houses, but with a simpler interior. The living
room fireplace has a raised hearth of thick paving tiles and
resembles the design used for the Irwin house living room.
Off the living room, a small den provides a secluded retreat
and French doors offered outdoor access and garden views.
A darkroom was included in the original plan but not executed.
Additions of leaded art glass, a more expansive sleeping porch
and breakfast room was commissioned in 1913. Lanterns and
living room mantel carvings were designed at this time but
not executed. In 1917, a bath was added to the residence and
a garage constructed. Anticipating the sale, relocation of
the house, and redevelopment of the expensive Wilshire Boulevard
property for a multi-story luxury apartment building, Mr.
Anthony asked Henry Greene to design a model and topographical
map of the property in 1921. In 1922, Mr. and Mrs. Norman
Kerry moved the house to its present site in Beverly Hills.