Charles W. Leffingwell Bunkhouse
The bunkhouse and office at the Leffingwell Ranch grew out of
the Commission for F.F. Rowland. The Rowlands' daughter was
married to Leffingwell who had been able to make a profit off
his father's lemon ranch. The new office, designed by Mary L.
Ranney of the Greenes' architectural office, was a two-story
shingled rectangular block with a large sheltering portico supported
by large timbers. The bunkhouse and office had a simplicity
and reduction of form that aligned Ranney's aesthetic more with
Henry than with Charles Greene. Ranney left the Greenes' office in
1913 to establish Pasadena's Westridge School for Girls.