Mrs. Datus C. Smith House
The Greene & Greene firm dissolved in 1922, but Henry Greene
developed this house-addition and garden design for Mrs. Smith
in 1920 independently after his brother had moved north to Carmel.
Construction was carried out in 1924. The garden included a
formal parterre near the house and an informal orchard of fruit
trees ranged around an existing native oak and California pepper