- PURPOSE: Listservs are electronic mailing lists that provide unique
opportunities to share questions, ideas, and experiences about a
particular topic with people around the world creating global learning
networks. The Multilingual, Multicultural Education Electronic
Discussion Forum provides a vehicle for discussion of topics such as, but
not limited to: bilingual education, language policy and langauge rights,
English as a second langauge, etc. Hosted by the The Center for
Multilingual, Multicultural Research (CMMR) at the University of
Southern California, this forum connects all those who are interested in
the many dimensions of multilingual, multicultural education issues.
- MODERATOR: Michael Genzuk, University of Southern California,
- LISTSERV ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org. This list is open for
subscription and open for posting to list subscribers.
- LIST STATUS: Open for subscription and unmoderated for posting
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE "multied-l" LIST PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS
BELOW. YOU ARE PROMPTED TO TYPE WHEN WORDS ARE SHOWN IN
- SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING TO THE "multied-l"
SUBSCRIBING TO THE LIST
4.The list processor will subscribe you automatically. Upon
approval, you will receive a return message indicating
confirmation of your subscription to the list.
- Access your electronic mail program.
- 1.At your mail prompt, send electronic mail to: email@example.com
- 2.Ignore the "subject" line.
- 3.For the message, type:
- SUBSCRIBE [listname] [firstname] [lastname]
- e.g. SUBSCRIBE multied-l John Smith
- (note that the bracket keys [ ] are not used in the actual text)
- [listname] is the name of the list (multied-l)
- [firstname] is the person's first name
- [lastname] is the person's last name
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THE LIST
- To "unsubscribe" from the "multied-l" list follow the subscription
instructions (above) and substitute "UNSUBSCRIBE" for the word
"SUBSCRIBE" in #3.
- e.g. UNSUBSCRIBE multied-l John Smith
POSTING TO THE LIST
- Once you have received confirmation of your subscription, you may
proceed to send electronic mail to the list address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your mail will automatically be posted. DO NOT send messages for
distribution to "listproc".
- To get help from listproc, send the command:
- to: email@example.com
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Michael Genzuk, Ph.D. All rights reserved.