How to Apply
Application Deadline for Summer A Session 2013: WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 2013
If you would like more information before applying, contact us today!
Applying is Easy! There are only 3 steps:
- Complete the application.
Click here to apply using the Language Academy Online Application
Click here to Download the 2013/2014 Application Form
Remember that applications cannot be processed without the Application Fee. For information about cancellations and refunds please see our Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- Campus Housing: If you are applying for housing, please visit the Academy Housing information pages and complete Section 5 of the Application.
- Transfering to the Academy: If you will transfer from another program in the United States to the USC Language Academy, please visit the Transfer Student page for application instructions.
- Part-time Study: If you are interested in enrolling part-time at the Academy, please visit our Part-Time Study page.
- Please note that applicants must be at least 17 years old at the time of enrollment.
- Prepare your Financial Support Documents.
All applications must be submitted with a financial statement that certifies sufficient funds are available to meet both your living and tuition expenses while at USC. Your financial statement must show a minimum of $2,900 (U.S.) for each month of study. This amount would be enough for all of your educational expenses. One of the following is required for your financial statement:
• A current personal bank statement or letter from your bank.
• A current letter of support AND bank statement from your parent, guardian, employer or sponsor.
Download a sample letter/affidavit of support
• A scholarship letter from your government or sponsoring organization.
Please note that the name on these documents must be written in English.
- Submit your application to the USC Language Academy.
If you are using the online application, you will have the option to include your financial documents with your electronic application. (You can also fax or mail them separately if you prefer.) If you choose to complete the paper application, please fax, email, or mail your documents directly to the Academy at:
USC Language Academy
950 W. Jefferson Blvd, JEF Building Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1292
FAX: 213-740-0088 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To guarantee a space and ensure ample time to secure your F-1 Visa, please submit your application before the specified deadline.
Applicants should allow at least one week for complete applications to be processed. We will email, fax or send an application confirmation within 2 business days of receiving your application.
Upon acceptance, students are sent an admission packet with an I-20, verification of enrollment document, and important arrival information. At this time, there is no deadline to apply to the USC Language Academy. Overseas students are advised, however, to send all application documents at least two months before the beginning of the semester in which they intend to enroll. Those who wish to apply later are still encouraged to do so, but should keep in mind that it may be extremely difficult to secure a visa in a short time. Admission documents are always express mailed at no additional charge.
For information about applying to undergraduate or graduate study at USC, please see the USC Admission webpage.