Arrival at the USC Language Academy
The Language Academy is open Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Please feel free to stop by and meet the faculty and staff during these hours. If possible please make an appointment so that we can give you the necessary time to answer your questions. Please contact the Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If you are staying in USC housing and have questions or need information please check out our online housing information or contact the Housing Coordinator at email@example.com.
All students must report to the Academy on the Start Date of the program for testing and orientation.
Driving Directions to USC Campus
• Exit the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) towards Interstate 105 East (I-105E).
• Take I-105E for 6.5 miles to Interstate 110 North (I-110N).
• Travel on I-110N to the Exposition Boulevard exit.
• Take the Exposition Blvd. exit.
• Follow curved road to Exposition Blvd.
• Go straight (West) on Exposition Blvd.
• Turn right at Vermont Ave.
• Turn right at Jefferson Blvd.
• Turn right at Gate #8 to park in Lot 1 or Parking Structure B or at Gate #5 to be dropped off at our office.
• USC Language Academy office is located in Jefferson Building on the northeast corner of Jefferson Blvd & McClintock Ave at Gate #5
The entrance to the Jefferson Building is in the center, grassy courtyard.Once you enter the Jefferson Building, we are located on the 2nd floor (just up the 1st stairway that you see). Go inside and ask to see an Academy staff member.
Please visit our campus map to see the Language Academy campus location.
Opening a Bank Account
The Academy does not accept cash payment for program fees. Students with cash payment should open a checking account before paying the program fees.
USC Federal Credit Union
The USC Federal Credit Union is located on-campus and is an excellent banking option for students. The cost of opening a checking account is $11. Students must have a minimum balance of $1. After opening the account, students may pay by check or money order. Money orders should be requested at the Credit Union Office. For more information on the credit union, you can see their website here. If you have other questions, please contact the Academy office.
You may drive in California with a valid out-of-state or international driver's license for 1 year. After that, you must obtain a California Driver's License. Please attend the Academy DMV workshop for more information or call the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) at 1(800)777-0133. You can visit them on the web at www.dmv.ca.gov.