Welcome to the USC Language Academy website! Thank you for your interest in studying intensive English at USC. We are located in beautiful Los Angeles, the capital of the cinema industry and home to beautiful beaches, international shopping & dining centers and world class sports events. The University of Southern California is the number one destination for international students in the United States, with 6,800 international students from more than 115 countries.
We hope you will explore all of the wonderful aspects of life at the Language Academy like year-round on-campus housing and classes, weekly events and activities and the most professional faculty and staff here to serve you, our students. Your university experience in Los Angeles begins with 21 hours of English study a week, with afternoons and evenings free to meet new friends and practice your English in our exciting city. You have your choice of elective courses to compliment your academic program and can speak with USC students each week in language groups and conversation partners.
As a member of the Trojan family, you can use 24-hour computing facilities, libraries, the student health center, our Olympic swimming pool, gym and many restaurants on campus. Our goal is to give you every opportunity to experience university life and American culture. The USC Language Academy provides small classes, complete immigration advising, academic counseling, business English, tutoring and TOEFL or GRE/GMAT test preparation classes to ensure your success. Click on student information to hear real students tell you about our full-service program.
Come join the USC Language Academy and begin your university experience. Let us help you to achieve your goals!
Best wishes on your success,
Executive Director, USC Language Academy
Rossier School of Education
The Academy exists to promote the overall mission of the University of Southern California and the Rossier School of Education by providing full-time, non-credit intensive English language instruction for matriculated and non-matriculated students on the USC campus.
Through our commitment to engage in excellence, Academy faculty and staff endeavor each day to serve as a leader among intensive English programs. Our leadership is based on a clear understanding of our objectives and goals and the means to achieve them.
As faculty and staff, we strive to:
- Meet or exceed our students’ expectations by providing a rigorous and inspiring program of carefully planned coursework designed to ensure that students are prepared to succeed by: developing comprehensive English language skills; understanding and directly experiencing American and academic culture; and learning to respect and appreciate diverse world cultures.
- Provide our students with the support and services they require to make the transition from their own countries to life in the United States, Los Angeles, and the campus of the University of Southern California.
- Enrich the Rossier School of Education, the University of Southern California, and the local community by increasing the diversity of the student body, and by fostering cross-cultural communication and interaction.
- Develop interdisciplinary programs of study that will broaden the academic and professional development options for our students while enabling the creation and development of international program offerings of campus departments.
- Recruit only the most talented and experienced English language specialists and staff and promote their continued professional growth.
- Assume personal responsibility for solution oriented communication, value each other as highly as we do our clients, and support each other in our work with the single focus of comprehensive program excellence.