Search    Home    
Student Financial Services

Submit a question:

All spring 2015 tuition & fees payment were due by 5pm PST on Friday, January 9, 2015.
Summer tuition & fees are assessed at the time of enrollment and due when billed.
Any tuition & fees not settled by the due date are subject to late fees as described
in the Schedule of Classes at .
Spring 2015 payment plan sign-ups are now closed.
Summer 2015 trimester 4-pay plans open to registered students in mid-March.
eRefunds for students with eligible credit balances who have signed up on are automatic!
1098-T forms are now available on our provider's (ECSI) website for all domestic students
and for international students with a Tax-ID (SSN or ITIN) on file as of 1/10/15.
Students who did not sign up for electronic delivery should allow 10 days for mail delivery.
Note: SSN/ITIN corrections can only be made on forms for the current reporting year through March 10.
After this date, SSN changes given to Registrar will not be updated. Forms for prior reporting years are never updated.

New student accounts on are created when we assess the 1st semester's tuition & fees <more>...
See the 2014-2015 Paying for USC brochure about financing and student financial services at USC.
Financing Your USC Education video: prepared by Office of Financial Aid and Student Financial Services
See also: SCampus: Getting Started (Student Guide)
Please continue to monitor your student account on for any charges which may post.
Need cost estimates, Visa info, etc.?  Please contact the Office of International Services.
Need information about Wire Transfers? Read about's new Wire Transfer payment option.
Avoid late fees & penalties, please allow sufficient time for your payment to reach our bank.
June 2014: Chinese yuan & Korean won now accepted for Wire Transfer payment requests!
Why does the IRS require the university to ask for my social security number or ITIN?
Academic Records & Registrar - (213) 740-4080 - JHH 102
Admissions - (213) 740-1111 - SKS
Cashier's Office - STU 106
    - Within Southern California (213) 740-7471
    - Outside Southern California (800) 225-1222

Collections - (213) 740-9087 - PSB
Financial Aid - (213) 740-4444 - JHH
Health Center (Insurance/Fees/Waivers) - SHC
    - University Park (213) 740-0551
    - Health Sciences Campus (323) 442-5989
  Housing - PSX
    - Within Southern California (213) 740-2546
    - Outside Southern California (800) 872-4632

  Meal Plans - (213) 740-8709 - PSX
  Parking / Transportation - (213) 740-3575 - PSX
  Payment Plan - (213) 740-4077 - PSB
  Registration - (213) 740-8500 - REG
  Student Affairs - (213) 740-2421
  Student Financial Services - (213) 740-4077 - PSB
  USCard - (213) 740-8709 - PSX
SCampus: Getting Started (student guide)


If clicking a TOPIC radio button below takes you to a new web page, PLEASE use that department's "Contact-Us" or "Customer Feedback" form to submit your question directly to them.

ADMISSIONS Admissions Questions: please go to the Admissions website at:

If you are expecting Financial Aid that has not yet posted, and you have signed your MPN,
please contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance. (see Fin Aid: Contact Us page)
Please note that federal financial aid begins posting the week before the start of classes.
To estimate your costs, see: Estimate of Costs on Financial Aid website.
     Questions? Please contact Financial Aid or department indicated (Housing, etc.).
     See also: Financing your USC Education (video from the Office of Financial Aid)
All students receive e-mail notification when awards are available to view online,
please go to My Financial Aid and Documents to see most current award information.
Status of my: Award / FAFSA / Documents / Loans (please go to Financial Aid website )
Grants ( Application for, Status of, etc: please go to Financial Aid website )
Late Fees when Financial Aid has not been credited / Request a 'deferment'...
Loans - Reducing (or increasing) your loans, workstudy award or financial aid package.
       - please contact Financial Aid or go to their website: Package Adjustment .
Scholarships ( applying for scholarships | where to mail scholarship checks )
Stafford Loans ( Financial Aid website | Exit Interviews )
Stipends ( Financial Aid website )
Workstudy ( Financial Aid website )

About Charges: Student Account Services cannot remove charges assessed by other
      departments, please see the 'About Charges' webpage for information about departments
      assessing charges and how to contact them.
Account Itemization requests (submit a request for a transaction listing for your account.)
Health Center, Health Fees, or Health Insurance (& rates):
      Note: spring student health insurance includes summer coverage, and is higher than fall.
      We cannot remove Health Center charges, please see the Health Center webste for
      assistance at:
Housing: We cannot remove Housing charges, please see the Housing website
      for assistance with housing and housing issues:
Late Fees (see billing statement information)
Rejected Items (bounced checks, etc.)
Tuition Refund Insurance: We cannot add/remove these charges, please go to WebReg
      or the Registrar's Tuition Refund Insurance webpage for information & assistance.

Access to Students: use MyUSC or OASIS
                                         Guests: use OASIS for Guests or Direct login
                                        (please note that only students have access to maintain guest info)
Account Issues:
           In So Cal call: 213-740-7471,
           Outside Southern California, please call: 800-225-1222.
  • Bank information for eRefunds: go to to add/change stored banking profiles...
  • Billing Statements (see monthly billing schedule): To receive a billing statement which includes all of your fall/spring tuition, please pre-register / register at least 40 days before the start of classes (exact deadline will be listed on our homepage ). Summer tuition posts at the time of registration and is due when billed. Billing statements are generated twelve times per year, immediately following payment/settlement deadlines. Please note that for fall/spring terms, all tuition & fees are due by the settlement deadline. If you register late, tuition & fees are due by 5pm on the Friday of the week in which the change occurred.
    See: archive of monthly e-bill notices / monthly billing schedule
  • International Student estimates: Please contact the Office of International Services.
  • New Student System Access: New student accounts on are created (and online services become available) when we assess the first semester's tuition & fees, even if a commitment deposit has been paid. For pre-registered students, fall/spring tuition & fees post 1 month before the start of classes.
Payment Options: read about all our Payment Options here...
      Spring 2015 refunds on eligible credit balances become available on Wednesday, 1/7/2015.
      Read about eRefunds (automatic; bank: 2-3 days, credit cards: 7-10 days)
      Read refund guidelines ; see Schedule of Classes for session refund dates
Withdrawals    (FAQ's about Withdrawals)
       All withdrawals must be processed by WebReg, or go to:

/Tax Forms
Taxes: 1098-E forms - informational webpage
Taxes: 1098-T forms- informational webpage | International Student's & 1098-T's
           1098-T forms were prepared for all domestic students regardless of SSN status, plus
           any international students who had an SSN or ITIN on file as of 1/10/15.
           If you have any questions about the 1098-E or 1098-T documents, about the
           information reported on them, or if you need to request ECSI system access:
           To get your 1098-T: go to OASIS and click on the "1098T (ECSI)" link Under "My Account"
           FAQ: How do I correct my Tax-ID number (SSN or ITIN)?
           FAQ: How do I correct my name, birthdate, USC-ID, SSN, ITIN...?
Taxes: Canadian TL11A tax forms - click here to submit an online request...

HOLDS: Collections 'Hold': to send an email about Past-due Student Accounts and/or Holds...
Health Center 'Hold': please contact the Health Center regarding Holds for Health Insurance,
      questionable charges, missing proof of mandatory measles shot, etc.  
      Or, go to: or call (213)740-0551.


ALL Title IV Authorizations are now online, using (And we no longer accept paper forms.)
Federal loans and some other loan funds cannot post until the week before classes start.
Questions? PLEASE CONTACT Financial Aid.
Applying for Loans | FAFSA requirements, etc.
Cancellation of Loans
Certification of Loans | CSS | FAQ's | Financial Aid website | Exit Interviews )
       - amount awarded, etc. ( Stafford | Financial Aid website | Exit Interviews )
Disbursement of funds for Perkins, LDS, HPSL, & other institutional loans...
       note: Promissory Notes must be signed before Loan funds can be disbursed.
Borrower Repayment of: Emergency, Institutional, HPSL, LDS and Perkins loans.
       note: USC'S loan service provider is ECSI, at .
Reducing (or increasing) your loans, workstudy award or financial aid package?
       - please go to Financial Aid website: Package Adjustment .
Promissory Notes (MPN's) for the following loan types:
Emergency, Institutional, Health Professions Student, and Perkins.
Exit Interviews ( Instructions for students with loans | graduating student info )

USC Payment Plan: Sign up on please wait at least 24 hours after registration.
      (click here to read more about Payment Plan...)
      Use: Payment Plan page to add/change stored banking payment info...
USC Payment Plan: Budget Changes: (click here to go to PP change request webpage...)
USC Payment Plan Problem: (please enter problem description below, in COMMENT).

      & Other

529 Plans / Education Savings Plans / Qualified Tuition Programs
Electronic Check payments (ACH): payment drawn on U.S. banking institutions only...
(read about domestic and international checks & drafts)
Credit Cards: accepts: Visa, MasterCard, Discover | About Foreign card use
Payment Due Dates: see list for current year: Monthly Student Account Due Dates ('pdf')
Payment Problem (please choose type):
      note: USC employees eligible for tuition reimbursement (TAB) must re-apply each term...
RAs, TAs, Assistant Lecturers (Graduate Assistance):
      Please review the Graduate Assistant Handbook located at:
      Please contact your department's AID coordinator for assistance...
Sponsored Students: students sponsored by a company, a local, state, federal,
      or international governmental agency, or branch of the US military...
Wire Transfers (read about Western Union Business Solutions wire transfer requests -or- About traditional wire transfers)

OTHER: Online Systems Access / Login: Students access using MyUSC or OASIS
      Guests access using OASIS for Guests or Direct login
      (please contact student for login info)
International Students: Payment & Student Services
Office of Interational Services (OIS) website (Letter of Standing, estimated Tuition & Fees, etc.)
       Grad Admissions | About International Drafts | Wire Transfers)

Reply To / Contact Information:

( ) * optional


USC ID: *required; please enter 10 digit USC-ID (no dashes or punctuation)
Last Name:
First Name:
Official USC
  *official USC email addresses end in ''.


Enter one question / comment per submission so that the appropriate department is contacted.
Please do not submit the same question twice, queries are forwarded to the appropriate party or department.

Please do not enter sensitive personal information below.
For faster service: if your question has to do with financial aid, loans, or the posting / removal of financial aid or loans, please be sure you selected one of the financial aid topics.

Before submitting your question, please be sure:
1) that you selected a TOPIC that did NOT send you to another webpage,
2) that you have selected a topic, and entered your name, email address, and the student's 10-digit USC-ID, along with a Question/Comment ...

Rev: 02/04/2015