WebBDS: Budget Development System - What's New for 2013-2014
This page contains changes in policies and system operation that are being put into effect this budget cycle. They are listed here for reference. Please refer to the WebBDS home page for links to more information.
Archive copies of Tip of the Day
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Budget Development System Administrator, Catherine Maddaford.
- All payroll is being converted from the existing payroll system (PPBS) to the new Workday payroll system for the new fiscal year beginning July, 2013.
- ALL PAYROLL entries for FY 2013-2014 should be done in WebBDS, in order that the data can be converted for Workday in time for the start of the new fiscal year.
- WebBDS was opened earlier this year to accommodate the early payroll entries (see schedule.)
- Using WebBDS for all of your payroll for the new year will provide the automatic conversion of your payroll to positions and funding in Workday, and help avoid unnecessary data entry.
- Those appointments not funded in WebBDS will require special handling in Workday. Please consult the BDS User guide for further instructions, as well as information coming from the Workday implementation team and training.
- Generic Accounts will no longer be used in WebBDS, because Workday requires full funding for all filled positions. New restricted accounts have been created to replace the generic accounts. Please contact your senior business officer for more information.
- Pooled position funding and open positions will still be used in WebBDS for budgeting purposes, but only for those types of pay that cannot be added to a funded individual appointment. They will not convert for Workday. See the BDS User guide for more information.
New FIF rates
Fringe Benefits rates
Nonexempt pay: Number of days used to calculate Amount to Pay in WebBDS - see How To Procedures and BDS User Guide for more examples
- This year the number of pay days for FY 2013-2014 is 268 days. This number comes from 261 days from 7/1/13-6/30/14, plus the extra 7 days from 6/20/13-6/30/13 that is charged to the biweekly pay period 14.
- You will need to enter current unrestricted budgets that will cover the 268 days, because BDS needs to have the entire biweekly pay period 14 entered for conversion to Workday.
- You will need to compensate for the extra 7 days by entering a credit budget in 12870 for the 7 days wages plus fringes.
- The credit budget in 12870 should be offset by your accrued payroll transfer from FY 13 to FY 14. Contact your Senior Business Officer for more information.
This page last updated 4/2/2013 ,clm