The purpose of the GJSA is to enrich the academic, cultural
and social education of the graduate students in the USC School of Journalism
by providing experiences and professional contacts that complement the School's
Welcome to the USC Graduate Journalism Students home page.
This page describes what we do and links to our resource pages -- a frequently
updated hyperlinked library of journalist tools and resources available
Click here to visit our resource library
Annual Planned Activities
- Brown bag lunch discussions -- informal lunchtime meetings with working
professionals, students, instructors and administrators based on important
themes in contemporary journalism.
- Distinguished speaker series -- lectures and Q&A featuring experts
in print journalism, broadcast journalism, public relations and new media
- Welcoming reception -- a social mixer bringing together entire GJSA
- Graduation dinner -- held in honor of graduating students
- We also have tentatively scheduled dinner and brunch parties, trips
to the LA Times, KNBC and other prominent media outlets and outings to professional
The GJSA is an academic graduate students organization designed to bring
together students and professionals in the journalism field.
Our full constitution is also available on-line.
USC School of Journalism | Journalism