Daniel G. Harvey, Jr.
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Senior Project Engineer, Civil and Commercial Operations
The Aerospace Corporation
Phone: (626) 395-7742
Dr. Daniel Harvey is an aerospace expert with over 40 years experience as a naval aviator, test pilot, flight test director, aeronautical research scientist, systems engineer and program/project manager. He is presently at the Aerospace Corporation where he is a Senior Project Engineer for Civil and Commercial programs. He is responsible for conducting system level schedule and cost analyses, economic cost modeling, and failure/fault tree analyses for proposed NASA missions. His recent activities include:
- Developing cost models and cost predictions for Ground-Based sensors in support of the NASA 2006 Near-Earth Object Survey and Deflection Study
- Conducting multiple fault tree and FMECA analyses in support of the Mars Science Laboratory and Space Technology 8 Projects
- Serving on various NASA Non-Advocate Review boards including: Mars Science Laboratory, Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite Versions N and O, Mars Scout, and the Magnetospheric MultiScale Mission.
- Participating in the preliminary review and design of over 50 NASA space missions as a member of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s Advanced Projects Design Team “Team X” in the Programmatics/Schedules, Risk, and Cost Chairs.
- Conducting a probabilistic schedule analysis for NASA Headquarters, Code SMD for the Constellation Program.
- Conducting analogous and probabilistic schedule analyses for NASA Headquarters, Code SMD for the James Webb Space Telescope Program.
Prior to joining Aerospace, Dr. Harvey was responsible for the overall leadership of Business Systems Operations for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The services provided include computer engineering, software engineering, system architecture design, Oracle Database Administration, UNIX and NT Operating System Administration, System Security, System Configuration Management and Customer Support. Dr. Harvey has over 30 years experience as a Line and Project Manager for aerospace programs. His primary focus has been in the creation and use of large-scale simulations to determine system effectiveness in a multiple application scenarios. Prior to JPL, he worked for General Dynamics and the Lockheed Skunk Works. Dr. Harvey’s military experiences include service as an aviator, test pilot and scientist for the United States Navy.
Return to Index