| Kurt D. Palmer
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Phone: (213) 740-5960
Web page: www-scf.usc.edu/~kpalmer
Dr. Palmer received his Ph.D. degree (industrial and systems engineering) from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1998. He received his M.S. degree (applied statistics) from the Rochester Institute of Technology in 1990, and his B.S. degree (chemical engineering) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1982.
Prior to joining the faculty at USC, Dr. Palmer was employed for six years as a Manufacturing Engineer at the Eastman Kodak Company and was the Owner of Quality Management Consulting in Rochester, NY, for four years. Dr. Palmer has been a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers since 1982, the American Society for Quality since 1989, an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer since 1990, a member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers since 1999, and the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences since 1999.
- Engineering statistics.
- Response surface methodology.
- Data collection for computer experiments.
- Empirical model building techniques.
- Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis.
- Cluster analysis.
- K. Palmer, M. Dessouky, Z. Zhou, "Factors Influencing Productivity and Operating Cost of Demand Responsive Transit", Transportation Research, Part A, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 503-523, 2008.
- L. Quadrifoglio, M. Dessouky, K. Palmer, "An Insertion Heuristic for Scheduling Mobility Allowance Shuttle Transit (MAST) Services", Journal of Scheduling, vol. 10, pp. 25-40, 2007.
- B. Asiabanpour, B. Khoshnevis, K. Palmer, “Advancements in the Selective Inhibition Sintering Process Development”, to appear in Virtual and Physical Prototyping
- K. Palmer, B. Asiabanpour, B. Khoshnevis, “Development of a Rapid Prototyping System Using Response Surface Methodology”, to appear in Quality and Reliability Engineering International
- K. Palmer, M. Dessouky, T. Abdelmaguid, "Impacts of Management Practices and Advanced Technologies on Demand Responsive Transit Systems", Transportation Research, Part A: Policy and Practice, vol. 38, pp. 495-509, 2004.
- B. Asibanpour, K. Palmer, B. Khoshnevis, “An Experimental Study of Surface Quality and Dimensional Accuracy for Selective Inhibition of Sintering”, Rapid Prototyping Journal, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 181-192, 2004.
- B. Khoshnevis, B. Asiabanpour, M. Mojdeh, K. Palmer, “SIS – A New SFF Method Based on Powder Sintering”, Rapid Prototyping Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 30-36, 2003.