Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Phone: (213) 740-5383
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest, Romania
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY.
In his early career, Dr. Adumitroaie has performed research in simulation and modeling of high-speed turbulent reacting flows at University at Buffalo, NY and NASA Langley Research Center, VA. Subsequently, he worked on various engineering R&D projects at the CFD Research Corporation, AL prior to joining NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, CA. He has published papers and technical reports on advanced modeling of compressible flows, direct numerical simulations and large eddy simulations (LES) of chemically reacting flows, and magnetohydrodynamics. Dr. Adumitroaie has delivered R&D solutions in turbulent combustion modeling, data dimension reduction, neural networks, signaling pathways and scientific software development. Currently, his work in optimization methods and uncertainty analysis applied to decision problems supports tasks from the JPL's Strategic Technologies Program Office.
- Techonology Portfolio Selection
- Decision Support under Uncertainty
- Multi-disciplinary Engineering Modeling
- Computational Physics
- Turbulent Flows
- A. Elfes, C.R. Weisbin, R. Manvi, V. Adumitroaie, W.P. Lincoln, and K. Shelton. "Extending the START Framework: Computation of Optimal Capability Development Portfolios Using a Decision Theory Approach," "Systems Engineering" (The Journal of The International Council on Systems Engineering), Vol 9, Number 4, Winter 2006, pgs-331-357.
- V. Adumitroaie, K. Shelton, A. Elfes and C.R. Weisbin. "Postoptimality Analysis in the Selection of Technology Portfolios," CSER/INCOSE 2006 Conference, Los Angeles, CA, April 7-8, 2006.
- W. Lincoln, S. Merida, V. Adumitroaie, and C.R. Weisbin. "Capability Investment Strategy to Enable JPL Future Space Missions," Earth and Space 2006 Conference, League City/Houston, TX, March 5-8, 2006.
- C.R. Weisbin, R. Manvi, K.E. Shelton, V. Adumitroaie, J.E. Derleth, and A. Elfes. "Capability-Development Return on Investment for the NASA Aeronautics Program," 16th International Conference on Systems Engineering (ICSEng 2005), Las Vegas, NV, pgs. 231-237, August 16-18, 2005.
- A. Spencer, and V. Adumitroaie, “LES Prediction of Impinging Jets in Crossflow,” ASME/IGTI Turbo Expo, Atlanta, GA, June 2003.