Administrative and Business Practices
The university reserves the right to determine what behavior is acceptable and unacceptable on its private property. USC's Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers and other university officials are authorized to enforce university policies and may, at their discretion, restrict or prohibit access to university property.
Tailgating on campus is restricted to football game days and to the hours of 5:00 a.m. to one hour after scheduled kickoff. Tailgating is prohibited in all parking structures and any locations designated by the university for other purposes (such as Ronald Tutor Campus Center Plaza).
Prohibited Activities and Behaviors:
- Driving tent poles or stakes into the ground
- Using open flame or barbecues under tents, near trees or buildings
- Using open flame without a fire extinguisher nearby
- Failing to discard used charcoal in "hot coals only" containers
- Failing to discard trash in proper receptacles
- Failing to be respectful of others on campus
- Disruptive behaviors
- Drinking games (beer pong, beer jeopardy)
- Drinking devices (beer bongs or funnels)
- Amplified sound (large stereos and speakers)
- Signage advertising a commercial name or location unless approved by the university
Examples of activities and behaviors that are strictly prohibited include, but are not limited to:
If you have questions or need assistance, contact a public safety officer, call DPS at (213) 740-6000, or text your concern to 274637 at TC4T with your message.
Todd R. Dickey, Senior Vice President, Administration
University of Southern California