USC Stevens Institute for Innovation
Faculty Director, Innovation Studies: Peter A. Beerel
The USC Stevens Institute for Innovation is a university-wide resource in the Office of the Provost designed to harness and advance creative thinking and breakthrough research at USC for the benefit of society. USC Stevens identifies, nurtures, protects and transfers the most exciting innovations from USC to the market, and, in turn, provides a central connection for industry seeking cutting-edge innovations in which to invest. From the biosciences and technology to music and cinematic arts, USC Stevens connects faculty, students and the business community to create an environment for stimulating and inspiring innovation and innovators.
USC has many existing programs and courses spanning music industry, cinematic arts, fine arts, medicine, business and engineering that teach innovation. One of the goals of USC Stevens is to identify, nurture and promote these courses across USC. Engineers and science students may be particularly interested in the undergraduate minor and a graduate certificate in engineering technology commercialization.
"Research universities in the 21st century not only will be judged by the quality of their research and the quality of their students, but also by how successful they are in transferring innovation into the marketplace in order to meet societal needs."
Provost, University of Southern California
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Technology Commercialization
- Graduate Certificate in Technology Commercialization
- Minor in Biotechnology (combines science and business courses)
- Undergraduate Minor in Engineering Technology Commercialization
- Minor in Video Game Design and Management
- AME 503 Advanced Mechanical Design
- BAEP 551 Introduction to New Ventures
- BAEP 556 Technology Feasibility
- BAEP 557 Technology Commercialization
- BUAD 301 Technological Entrepreneurship
- CTIN 488 Game Design Workshop
- ENGR 493 Dean's Seminar in Entrepreneurship
- FA 436 Art and Technology
- ISE 545 Technology Development and Implementation
- MOR 467 Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
- MOR 561 Strategies in High Tech Businesses
- MPTX 511 Regulation of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products
- MUIN 496 Music Media Solutions