a.Ignition/Despin/TTS Destruct Receiver
b.High Velocity Separation System
c.Shutter Door Assembly
- Solar EUV Monitor (SEM) - An EUV transmission grating spectrometer that uses three isolated silicon photodiodes as detectors.
- Rare Gas Ionization Cell (RGIC) - This cell provides the absolute integral solar flux in the ionization region of the working gas and is operated in the optically thick mode.
- Helium Double-Ionization Cell (HDC) - This cell is similar in operation to the RGIC above, but operates in the optically thin mode.
- Optics Free Spectrometer (OFS) - In this spectrometer, the energy spectrum of the incoming photons is transformed directl into an electron energy spectrum by taking advantage of the photoelectric effect in one or several rare gases at low pressure (1 to 10 mTorr).
- Monitor Video Camers (two) - These video cameras will monitor payload attitude and onboard experiment functions.
Consists of two S-band downlnks and a radar transponder link. Both S-band downlinks will be combined using a NARDA triplexer which will feed a single PSL wraparound antenna. The primary data lnk is a single 200 Kbit PCM/FM downlink operating at 2279.5 MHz. The second link will be a TM/FM link operating at 2215.5 MHz.
f. S-19 Guidance System (Mfg. SAAB of Sweden)
g.Solar Pointing Attitude Rocket Control System (SPARCS)
h.Ogive Recovery System Assembly (ORSA), 453.59 kg (100 lb) capacity.