USC Center for Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
The Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California and The Doctors of USC are pleased to announce the appointment of Edward Hu, MD as the medical director for the Center for Asthma, Allergy and Immunology.
Dr. Hu’s areas of interest include both common allergy-related problems such as asthma and allergic rhinitis as well as rare disorders of the immune system. His research has focused on the role of pulmonary function testing in the evaluation of asthma control. His other clinical interests include food allergies, urticaria, hereditary angioedema, and primary immunodeficiencies. In his new role as the medical director, Dr. Hu is dedicated to expanding the diagnosis and treatment options for patients with allergies and immunodeficiency disorders.
The Center for Allergy and Immunology at USC treats adults and children with allergic and immunologic disorders. This includes common allergy-related problems, such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, and food allergies, as well as rare and complex primary immunodeficiency disorders.
At USC, our goal is to help our patients understand their unique issues and inform them of what their options are. We treat a variety of allergy issues and provide various types of treatments tailored specifically to each patient’s needs.
• Allergic rhinitis
• Chronis sinusitis
• Food allergies
• Urticaria and angioedema
• Insect allergies
• Drug allergies
• Chronic cough
• Contact dermatitis
• Recurrent infections
• Primary immunodeficiencies
• Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders
• Disorders of mast cells, including mastocytosis
• Allergy skin prick testing and patch testing
• Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots)
• Oral food challenges
• Penicillin allergy testing, graded dose challenge, and penicillin desensitization
• Aspirin desensitization for aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD)
• Assessment of the immune system
• Immunoglobulin replacement therapy