Fee-based printing is available from printers located on each level of the Library.
- B/W: NML_Plaza, NML_Upper, NML_Lower1 printers
- B/W double-sided: NML_Plaza, NML_Lower1 printer
- Color: NML_Upper_Color, NML_Lower_Color printers
- Color double-sided: NML_Lower_Color printer
- B/W: 10 cents per page, 18 cents double-sided
- Color: 50 cents per page, 90 cents double-sided
- USCard: Students, faculty, staff and affiliates can add discretionary funds to their USCard to pay for printing. Check the USCard website for details.
- Library Copy/Print Card: Purchase a $2 or $5 card from the dispenser located next to the Loan Desk on the plaza level. $.75 of the initial fee is for the card. These cards may only be used in the Norris Medical Library or the Wilson Dental Library and are one-time use only cards. If you would like to recycle the card, drop it off at the Loan Desk. Balances remaining on lost debit cards cannot be refunded.
Transition period for printing systems
The Norris Library moved to a new print system early in the Spring Semester 2015. While the library moves from one print system to another, both systems will be available for a short time. To use up value of old blue print cards, choose a printer with “BLUE” in the printer name. The cost for printing will be the same for both systems. The old print cards will not be honored after June 30, 2015.
Print from library computers
On library computers, print jobs default to the closest B/W printer. To select an alternate printer, use the application’s print function to select the printer with the features you want, i.e., double-sided or color. Print jobs are identified by the document type/file name, station, number of pages, and date. The message “Printer is paused” is a prompt to release the print job.
When you are ready to print:
- Go to the print release station where you have sent your print job.
- Follow the instructions on the display.
- Swipe your USCard or print card.
Print from laptops
- Begin at the Laptop Printing website.
- Upload file to the desired printer (see available printers above) or email to the desired printer using the address provided under Details on the Laptop Printing website.
- Proceed with above instructions for printing from library computers.
additional information contact the Technology Support Center at (323)