What is RSS?
Start by viewing a short video on RSS feeds.
"Really Simple Syndication," also called "Rich Site Summary," is a way to get Norris Medical Library's content pushed to your computer or mobile device via an RSS reader. Subscribing to RSS feeds eliminates the need to continually check all of the sites you visit on a regular basis for updates. As soon as the sites you subscribe to are updated, the changes are available for viewing in your reader.
How do I get Started?
1. If you already have an RSS reader, right-click on the RSS button on the New@Norris page and select:
2. Open your RSS reader and paste the link into your reader.
Downloading a Reader & Subscribing to the "New @ Norris Library" Feed:
1. Access Google here. If you already have a Google account sign in with your e-mail and password and proceed to step 3. If you do not have a Google account, click on the option to create an account and fill out the required information.
2. An e-mail will then be sent to the e-mail account you registered with. To activate your Google account click the link in your e-mail message and sign in with the e-mail address and password you just created.
3. Under "My services" click on reader to open your Google reader. Click "add subscription" in the left hand column, and type in New@Norris. When the search results come up select the New@Norris Library feed, and click subscribe. The Norris Medical Library feed is now added to your reader.
More Health Related RSS Feeds:
The following sites offer health news and information via RSS feeds: