Information Services Librarian
Educational & Research Services Division
Norris Medical Library
2003 Zonal Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90089-9130
- Provide reference and research assistance
- Develop and teach classes on databases, Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM), etc.
- Provide "personal librarian" assistance to medical students
- Serve as liaison to Keck School of Medicine and USC-affiliated hospitals
- eBooks (Access Medicine, STAT!Ref, etc.)
- MEDLINE databases (PubMed or Ovid MEDLINE)
- EBM databases (ACP Pier, Cochrane, UpToDate, etc.)
- Other databases (Web of Knowledge, PsycINFO, etc.)
- Mobile Device apps and mobile-friendly resources (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)
- Web 2.0 tools
- Organization (Delicious, Diigo, RSS Feeds)
- Collaboration/Productivity (GoogleDocs, Wikis, Zoho Docs)
- Screenshare/Meetings (Elluminate, Zoho Meeting)
- Social Networking (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Keck School of Medicine faculty, staff, students
- USC-affiliated hospital clinicians, staff
MLIS, University of California, Los Angeles, 2012
BA, History, University of California, Berkeley, 2005
Measuring patrons' technology habits: an evidence-based approach to tailoring library services.
Wu J, Chatfield A, Hughes A, Kysh L, Rosenbloom M. Journal of the Medical Library Association. April 2014; 102(2): 125-29.
The truth about millennial students: Which mobile devices and social media platforms do they use?
Kysh, L. Oral Abstract Presentation at Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Western Group on Educational Affairs (WGEA) Regional Conference, Honolulu, HI. March 23, 2014.
More than just a search strategy: What librarians can do for the systematic review.
Kysh, L. Poster Session. Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Western Group on Educational Affairs (WGEA) Regional Conference, Honolulu, HI. March 23, 2014.
What’s in a name?: The difference between a systematic review and a literature review and why it matters.
Kysh L. Poster Session. Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona (MLGSCA) and Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group (NCNMLG) Joint Meeting, La Jolla, CA. July 26, 2013.
Wearing your IT shoes: The liaison librarian’s role in emerging technologies.
Chatfield A, Hughes A, Kysh L. Paper presented at Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona (MLGSCA) and Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group (NCNMLG) Joint Meeting, La Jolla, CA. July 25, 2013.
Spotlight session: Climate change through a kaleidoscope
Clayman S, Kysh L, Nicula J, Smith S. Panel presentation at Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference, San Diego, CA. June 11, 2013.
Bothe B, Dunton G, Ginsburg D, Kysh L, Philadelphia M. Panel presentation at University of Southern California (USC) Teaching with Technology Conference, Los Angeles, CA. May 6, 2013.
What can we do? Child abuse prevention in public libraries.
Kysh L. CLA Insider. California Library Association. April 2013.
What can we do?: Child abuse prevention in public libraries.
Kysh L. Poster Session. California Library Association (CLA) Annual Conference, San Jose, CA. November 3, 2012.