Educational & Research Services Division
Norris Medical Library
2003 Zonal Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90089-9130
- Developing and conducting training programs and workshops on bioinformatics resources and databases.
- Providing bioinformatics consulting services.
- Providing collaborative data analysis to primary investigators.
- Development and maintenance of Norris Medical Library Bioinformatics Services webpage.
- bioinformatics workshop content and schedules
- finding online databases and software tools relevant to your specific research needs
- applying bioinformatics tools in various stages of your research
- analyzing and interpreting molecular biology data
Dual M.S. in Bioinformatics and Biochemistry, Aug 2008
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
B.S. in Biological Sciences, July 2003
Peking University, Beijing, China
Research Associate, Medical Sciences Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2008 - 2010
Research Assistant, National Laboratory of Macromolecules, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2003 - 2004
Kim S, Li M, Paik H, Nephew K, Shi H, Kramer R, Xu D, Huang TH. Predicting DNA methylation susceptibility using CpG flanking sequences. Pac Symp Biocomput, 2008; 315-26.
- Li M, Paik HI, Balch C, Kim Y, Li L, Huang TH, Nephew KP, Kim S. Enriched transcription factor binding sites in hypermethylated gene promoters in drug resistant cancer cells. Bioinformatics, 2008; 24:1745-8.
- Xin F, Li M, Balch C, Thomson M, Fan M, Liu Y, Hammond SM, Kim S, Nephew KP. Computational Analysis of MicroRNA Profiles and Their Target Genes Suggests Significant Involvement in Breast Cancer Antiestrogen Resistance. Bioinformatics, 2008; 25:430-34.
- Li M, Balch C, Montgomery S, Jeong M, Chung JH, Yan P, Huang T H-M, Kim S Nephew KP. Integrated analysis of DNA methylation and gene expression reveals specific signaling pathways associated with platinum resistance in ovarian cancer, BMC Medical Genomics, 2008; 2:34-48.
- Nam S, Li M, Choi K, Balch C, Kim S, Nephew KP. MicroRNA and mRNA integrated Analysis (MMIA): a web tool for examining biological functions of microRNA expression. Nucleic Acids Res, 2009; 37 (Web Server issue):W356-62
- Di Leva G, Gasparini P, Piovan C, Ngankeu A, Garofalo M, Taccioli C, Iorio MV, Li M, Volinia S, Alder H,Nakamura T, Nuovo G, Liu Y, Nephew KP , Croce CM. A regulatory “miRcircuitry” involving miR-221&222 and ERα determines ERα status of breast cancer cells. J. Nat. Cancer Inst, 2010; 102(10):706-21
- Rao X, Di Leva G, Li M, Fang F, Hartman-Frey C, Burow ME, Croce CM, Nephew KP. MicroRNA-221/222 confer breast cancer resistance to fulvestrant by targeting multiple oncogenic activities. Oncogene, 2010; (in print)