The Norris Library eReserve system makes USC Health Sciences course
reading materials available online. Items on eReserve can be viewed
from computers connected to the USC network, either on-campus, or from a remote
site using the USC Libraries Remote Access Portal.
Materials placed on the eReserve system must adhere to US
Copyright Law. As an instructor placing materials on reserve, you
must establish copyright compliance, either by determining that an item
meets fair use guidelines or obtaining the permission of the copyright
holder. For more information on determining fair use or obtaining permission,
visit our page on Library reserves
To submit an item to be added to the eReserves system:
- Complete and submit a signed copy of the Reserves request
form to the Loan Desk.
- Submit the items to be placed on reserve. Electronic files should
be submitted on disk to the Loan Desk or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print documents should be submitted to the Loan Desk on 8.5 X 11”
paper and must be clean and clearly legible. Please limit documents
to fewer than 15 pages whenever possible.
Materials not accepted for eReserve include:
- Materials from consumable products, such as workbooks, which students
would normally purchase
- Journal articles which have been included in a course reader that
students are expected to purchase
- Items for which copyright compliance has not been met
Any item that is too lengthy (e.g., a book) or large (greater than
8.5 X 11”) to be scanned is placed in the library’s print
To submit an item to be added to the print reserve collection:
- Complete the Reserves request form
- Determine whether use of the item falls within the fair use guidelines.
If not, obtain copyright permission from the copyright holder. Visit
the Library reserves and
copyright page for information about the copyright law, fair
use, and obtaining permission.
- Bring the completed form and the reserve item(s) to the library
During the school year, allow at least one week for reserve materials
to be added. Extra time is needed at the start of each semester. Materials
are processed as received. For additional information, contact the Access Services office at (323)
442-1126 or email@example.com.