Basic email accounts are created automatically for all members of the university community. Student accounts are available to all students registered for the current semester. Faculty and staff accounts are available to all faculty and staff members of USC. Faculty, staff,and students can activate their accounts from the account activation site located at http://www.usc.edu/firstlogin.
If you need an account to work on projects requiring high performance computing, a research account may be obtained by contacting your department's authorized signer. Authorized signers are appointed by the dean or director of a school or department to authorize computer accounts. Recognized organizations at USC may also request accounts.
The Computer Accounts Administration office provides information and services for the creation, management and maintenance of all Unix accounts. If you have any questions, you can contact them by calling the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. SANDS (Storage Application and Networked Data Services) inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
- High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC) Accounts - Information about research accounts designed to meet high performance computing needs.
- Student Organizational Computer Accounts - Information for establishing an email/Web account for a recognized student organization.
- Departmental/Organizational Computer Accounts - Information for establishing an email account for departments and recognized faculty/staff organizations.
- CWIS Accounts - Information about establishing an account on the USC Web Server (departments and faculty/staff organizations).
- SANDS - Information about network storage accounts.
- Frequently Asked Account Questions
- Departmental Authorized Signers
- Computer Account Policies - Information about computer policies including password changes and username changes.
May 23, 2013