Saving Email to Local Folders
This document explains how to save email from your USC email account (email.usc.edu) to local folders on your computer using Entourage.
Note: Before you can save email to a local folder on your computer, you first need to configure Entourage to send and receive email from email.usc.edu. For instructions on how to configure Entourage, see the Setting Up Entourage page.
To save email from your Inbox or other IMAP folders, you will first create a folder on your local machine where you will save the messages, then move messages into that folder:
- Launch Entourage.
- In the folder list, select Folders on My Computer. Then go to the File Menu and select New and then Subfolder.
- Enter a name for the folder, such as Saved Messages.
- You should now see the folder that you created under the Folders in the My Computer section. Repeat the previous steps to create as many local folders as needed.
- Select the IMAP folder that contains the messages that you wish to move.
- Select the messages that you wish to save to local folders. To select multiple messages, you can hold down the Apple key and click the desired messages. To select all messages in the folder, go to the Edit menu and select Select All.
- To copy the messages to your local folder, drag the messages to the local folder of your choice. To move the messages, go to the Message menu, select Move To, and click the desired local folder.
Entourage features extensive help guides to assist you with filtering, address book creation, and more. Look under the Help menu in Entourage.
If you have questions regarding these settings, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.