Using USC Email Address Lookup with Entourage 2008
This document contains directions on how to configure Entourage to look up USC email addresses for you. This is done through USC's Global Directory Service (GDS) server, gds.usc.edu.
Setting Up a New Directory Service
Before the LDAP directory can be searched in Entourage, it must first be added as a directory service.
- Select Account Settings. from the Entourage menu.
- Click Directory Service, and click the New button to open the Account Setup Assistant window.
- In the Account Name field, enter USC LDAP. This name must be distinguished from the names of any other directory services previously established through Entourage.
- In the LDAP Server field, enter gds.usc.edu.
- Click Options.
- In the Search base field, enter dc=usc,dc=edu.
- Click the check box labeled Use simple search filter.
- Click OK to close the Edit Account window.
- Close the Accounts window to return to the main Entourage display.
Adding Users to an Address Book
Once Entourage has been configured to use a LDAP directory service, recipients can be added to composed messages by searching for portions of the recipient's name.
- In the message composition window, click Click here to add recipients to open the recipient entry window.
- From the recipient source drop-down menu, select Directory (USC LDAP).
- In the adjacent Search text field, enter a portion of the recipient name. Entourage will automatically query the LDAP server to find possible matches, which will be added to the field below.
- Double-click the correct search result to add it to the To, Cc, or Bcc fields. The selected entry from the results list will be automatically placed in the last of the three recipient fields selected.
- Click the composition window to exit the recipient entry window.
Help content regarding other Entourage subjects can be found within Entourage's Help menu.
If you have questions about these settings, please contact the Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or email email@example.com.
August 14, 2012