To forward incoming messages from your USC email account to another account, you must use the USC Web Mail client, available at https://email.usc.edu.
Note on mail looping: When forwarding your email, keep in mind that if you have set up your alternate email account to forward email to your USC email account, you may end up bouncing your email between mail servers, which will fill your email quotas on both systems. To avoid email looping, ensure that your alternate email service is not forwarding email to your USC account before you set forwarding on the Web Mail system.
Setting USC Web Mail to Forward Your Email
- After logging into the USC Web Mail client, click the Options button.
- Select Settings to open up the Settings frame.
- In the Mail Forwarding text box, enter the email addresses that incoming messages should be sent to. Place only one address per line.
- If you would like to retain a copy of your messages in your Inbox, do not click Don't leave a copy on server. Otherwise, check the box to avoid possible quota issues, and your Inbox will not retain messages once they have been forwarded.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Assistance can be obtained by contacting the ITS Customer Support Center at 213-740-5555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional documentation on the USC Web Mail client can be found at http://www.usc.edu/its/email/webmail.