Setting Up Outlook 2011 (Mac) for USC Email
This document will help you set up Outlook 2011 (Mac) for use with your email account on email.usc.edu.
Creating a New Account
If you are running Outlook 2011 (Mac) for the first time, Outlook will launch the New Account wizard. The steps below assume that you are not running your Outlook program for the first time. If you are, you can use the information provided below to work with the wizard.
To add a new account in Outlook 2011 (Mac):
- Launch Outlook 2011 (Mac).
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- In the Accounts window, click the E-mail Account button.
- In the Enter your account information window, type your USC email address in the E-mail address: field. Leave the Password field blank.
- Press Enter and the Enter your account information window will expand,
- Type your USC username in the User name: field.
- From the Type pulldown menu, choose IMAP.
- In the Incoming server: field, enter email.usc.edu.
- Check the box next to Use SSL to connect (recommended).
- In the Outgoing server: field, enter email.usc.edu.
- Check the box next to Override default port and Use SSL to connect (recommended).
- In the small box next to the outgoing server information, make certain that the outgoing port is set to 465.
- Click Add Account to complete the account set up.